“I want to be able to pay it forward.”
Dr. Eugene G.
“What is a life worth?”
"Knowledge is empowering."
"I'm happy to help someone."
Sammie & Dan S.
"I know I can beat this disease."
"Short-term assistance to help...women going through treatment."
- First freestanding breast cancer non-profit foundation in Pennsylvania.
- First to recognize the need for breast health education in the local community.
- First organization to offer free screening mammograms to uninsured or under-insured women in the Delaware Valley.
- First organization to travel to Washington, DC in a coalition on behalf of the State of Pennsylvania to lobby on Capitol Hill for increased federal and state dollars to be allocated to funding breast cancer detection, research, and treatment.
- Founding member of the National Breast Cancer Coalition NBCC.
- First organization to provide targeted outreach to at-risk African American and lesbian communities in the Delaware Valley.
- First to have a program funded in the Poconos to provide direct services to individuals battling breast cancer.